Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Services
As the largest provider of Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) non-residential services in the Bayside region, the AOD Program at Star Health is committed to providing timely consumer and community focussed support through the provision of individualised AOD treatment planning and working with the local community to reduce harms and to improve the health of people who use substances.
About Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Services
Star Health’s AOD program is a central access point for all alcohol and other drug services located in Prahran, St Kilda, Bentleigh, and the South Melbourne area. We can help identify which services can support you and connect you to them.
If drug or alcohol related issues are affecting you or someone you care about, contact us to find out how the AOD Program works and what options are available for you or the person you are concerned about.
What we can offer you:
- Intake, assessment and an individualised AOD treatment plan
- Referral to AOD services throughout Victoria (residential and non-residential)
- Advice, information, and education around AOD use
- Alcohol Counselling and Other Drug Counselling, Harm Reduction, Assessment and Referral
- Specialised AOD Counselling
- Support and/or specialised counselling for family members and significant others
- Group support
- Care coordination and outreach services
- Home based withdrawal services
- Advocacy and support to navigate the AOD treatment system
To find out more about the needle and syringe program and projects working with the local community, please see: Harm Reduction Programs
How do I Access the AOD Program?
The AOD Program is open to:
- Consumers over 16 years of age
- Consumers who reside in the Bayside region who are seeking support around AOD issues
- Family members and/or significant others of people with an AOD issue
Services are available in South Melbourne, Prahran, St Kilda and Bentleigh.
For specialist Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex & Queer Alcohol and Drug Services
Free call: 1800 906 669
BayAODS Free call: 1800 229 263
Bayside Alcohol and Other Drug Services: (03) 9690 9778
How much will it cost?
The AOD Program provides free services.
Additional Online Resources
- Helplines, online counselling & service directories
- Women’s, babies and pregnancy AOD services
- LGBTQI AOD services
- Mental Health/AOD & Personality Disorder Services
- Young people’s AOD services
- Prisoners and others involved in the criminal justice system
- Alcohol and Other Drug Facts
- Harm reduction
- Alcohol and Other Drug Counselling, residential treatment & other services
- Health and Human Services Information
- Careers in AOD