About Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Services
What we can offer you:
- Intake, assessment and an individualised AOD treatment plan
- Referral to AOD services throughout Victoria (residential and non-residential)
- Advice, information, and education around AOD use
- Alcohol and Other Drug Counselling, Harm Reduction, Assessment and Referral
- Specialised AOD Counselling
- Support and/or specialised counselling for family members and significant others
- Group support
- Care coordination and outreach services
- Home based withdrawal services
- Advocacy and support to navigate the AOD treatment system
To find out more about the needle and syringe program and projects working with the local community, please see: MhOS
How do I Access the AOD Program?
The AOD Program is open to:
- Consumers over 16 years of age
- Consumers who reside in the Bayside region who are seeking support around AOD issues
- Family members and/or significant others of people with an AOD issue
Services are available in South Melbourne, Prahran, St Kilda and Bentleigh.
How much will it cost?
The AOD Program provides free services.
Additional Online Resources
Time to Change – Our Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) program.
Dual Diagnosis Clinic – For those experiencing both mental health and substance misuse issues.
We have put together a list of helpful AOD online resources including:
- Helplines, online counselling & service directories
- Women’s, babies and pregnancy AOD services
- LGBTQI AOD services
- Mental Health/AOD & Personality Disorder Services
- Young people’s AOD services
- Prisoners and others involved in the criminal justice system
- Alcohol and Other Drug Facts
- Harm reduction
- Alcohol and Other Drug Counselling, residential treatment & other services
- Health and Human Services Information
- Careers in AOD