We support people to safely withdraw from substances (such as alcohol, prescription medicines or illicit substances) in the setting of their choice.
Clients can also choose to see a nurse at any Star Health site (St. Kilda, Prahran, Bentleigh or South Melbourne).
The program provides:
- Individual withdrawal/detox assessments, recommendations and plans
- Daily withdrawal support and monitoring.
- Access to a GP and/or Addiction Medicine Specialists to provide medical support during and post-withdrawal
- Pre and post home and residential withdrawal care
- Links to other alcohol and drug treatment and generalist health services.
- Education, information and harm minimisation.
Who is eligible?
Adults (16 years +) living in Port Phillip, Stonnington, Glen Eira, Kingston and Bayside areas with low to moderate substance use. Suitability is assessed on an individual basis to ensure it is safe for the person to undertake a home detox.
Bayside Alcohol and other Drug Service on 1800 229 263 or email BAODS@starhealth.org.au.
For specialist Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex & Queer Alcohol and Drug Services Free call: 1800 906 669