Health promotion aims to support people to be as healthy as possible by taking action on the things that can have positive or negative impacts on health.
At Star Health we recognise that everyone’s health is created by the conditions in which they are born, grow, live, work and age. Our health promotion projects aim to give everyone the best chance of a healthy life by supporting people to gain the skills and resources they need to be healthy, making the environments in which we spend our time safe and supportive of good health, and working with the community to enable people to take action on the things that are important to them.
Our membership of the HPH network is part of our commitment to addressing the causes of health inequity to create a healthy and inclusive community.
As a health promoting service we commit to working towards a set of international best practice standards for making health promotion central to everything we do. We commit to:
- Ensuring that our staff work in partnership with clients to identify any health promotion activities that could be of benefit to the client
- Providing clients with useful information on factors that affect their health things they can do to improve their health
- Ensuring that Star Health is a healthy place to work
- Assessing our health promotion practice as part of our quality improvement systems
- Working in partnership with other organisations to promote the health of our community
For more information about our commitment to the health of our staff see: Benefits of Working with Star Health. Social Health & Inclusion Port.