Star Health employees are eligible for salary packaging. Salary packaging is an Australian Taxation Office approved means of restructuring your salary to reduce your taxation. This is provided through our partnership with VHA+ and SalaryPackagingPLUS. Star Health employees do not pay salary packaging administration fees which provide further savings. Salary packaging enables you to pay for certain items out of your pre-tax salary, including:
- everyday living expenses including mortgage, rent or credit card payments
- meal entertainment expenses
- holiday accommodation and venue hire
- the finance and running costs of your car through Novated Leasing with LeasePLUS
- and other work related expenses.
We are committed to ensuring all employees have access to services and programs that provide support and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- This program provides care and support to any employee who requires assistance as a result of stress such that their work performance and / or wellness are being affected.
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- This program provides care and support to any employee who requires assistance as a result of direct or indirect involvement in operational activities and community disasters.
It is a free service for employees offering appointment based counselling sessions, with follow up and referral for ongoing counselling where appropriate.
Journey to Work Insurance
Journey insurance provides cover for Star Health employees involved in accidents when travelling between their home and work. If employees are injured while commuting, this cover provides income support or compensation, which workers’ compensation does not cover.
Reward and Recognition
Everyone appreciates being recognised for stellar performance. The Reward and Recognition programme allows you to nominate colleagues for their outstanding work. Your nomination makes them eligible for annual awards as well as letting them know their work has been recognised. When you join Star Health, you will be part of a health service that values and recognises your contribution.
Health and Wellbeing
Our programs are designed to promote a healthier environment and lifestyle:
- Star Health provides its employees with on-site bulk billing General Practitioner services and competitively priced Dental services.
Whilst these service do not replace your own GP and Dentist, the services are available to our employees to visit for limited and urgent advice.
Smoke Free Workplace
- Smoking is prohibited in all Star Health facilities including buildings, vehicles and outdoor areas used by employees, clients and the general public.
Our multiple locations across inner South-Eastern Melbourne enable our employees to work close to home and realise reduced commuting time. Our main locations have excellent access to public transport minimising the need to drive and pay expensive car parking fees.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Rainbow Tick Accredited Organisation
Star Health is an equal opportunity employer who encourages and supports individuals of diverse backgrounds including those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTI+ community to work within the organisation. Star Health is Rainbow Tick accredited as being committed to safe and inclusive service delivery for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people in our community.
Conditions of Employment
Our flexible working conditions help you balance your work and home life. Many of our positions are full time, part time, or casual and there is the ability for flexible rostering in many areas.
- Our generous leave provisions help provide work-life balance for you:
- Accrued Days Off (ADO) – Most full time employees can accrue a monthly day off.
- Annual Leave – A comprehensive break is available to you each year. Some positions attract a 5 week annual leave entitlement.
- Purchased Leave (48/52) – Available for certain positions, employees can choose to reduce their pay and receive up to 4 weeks of additional annual leave, which assists with family caring arrangements.
- Professional Development leave
- Eligible employees can apply for leave to attend conferences, seminars and workshops; undertake research or higher education
Conditions of Employment
Star Health offers generous employment conditions through our multiple Enterprise Agreements. Our people have “better off overall” conditions when compared against competitor organisations that only offer Modern Award employment conditions. Our Enterprise Agreements include –
- Nurses and Midwives (Victorian Public Sector) (Single Interest Employers) Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020
- Public Community Health Sector Enterprise Agreement 2012-2016 [Dietitians & Psychologists]
- Victorian Stand Alone Community Health Centres, Health Professionals Multi – Employer Agreement 2012 -2016
- Community Health General Dentists Multi-Employer Enterprise Agreement 2015 -2017
- Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Centres (Dental Therapists, Dental Hygienists and Oral Health Therapists’) Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 (No.2)
- Victorian Stand-Alone Community Health Services (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Officers) Multiple Enterprise Agreement 2011-2015
- Community Health Centre (Stand Alone Services) Social and Community Service Employees Multi Enterprise Agreement 2017
- Star Health Group Limited Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020 [RPNs]
- Inner South Community Health Service Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2012 – 2016 [MH OTs]