Social Work can provide you with a Case Management service delivery approach if you have complex and multiple needs. Ongoing client contact by a professional with competence in case management ensures that suitable, accessible and co-ordinated services are available to meet your needs, with the aim of improving your quality of life. Case management has a focus on advocacy, timeliness of interventions and the promotion of self-management.
Aims of Social Work
The aims of social work case management are to:
- Provide a comprehensive and holistic needs assessment in order to promote, maintain or improve the optimum level of functioning in the community, and quality of life
- Develop a care plan in consultation with you
- Coordinate services in order to provide a single point of contact for you and other service providers
- Facilitate and enhance your choices and action in health and lifestyle matters, by making information accessible and understandable
- Enhance the service system by advocating for improvements in service provision and linking across services and informing policy making
As well as providing the above Social Work services above, we can also link you with any other service(s) that you may need. Star Health provides a wide range of health services.
As Star Health is a leading provider of a full range of health and wellbeing services, we ensure a coordinated and multidisciplinary approach to best meet your needs.
All our staff are highly experienced and qualified health professionals.
How do I access Social Work Services?
- Frail and/or disabled older people
- Younger people with disabilities
- People with chronic and complex conditions, and their carers
When is the service delivered?
The service is available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Where is the service delivered from?
Social Work services are offered in your home or at our sites in:
- St Kilda
- South Melbourne
How much will it cost?
You can view the social work fees on our Fees page.
Request an Appointment
Call 9525 1300 to request an appointment.