About Inner South East Post Acute Care (ISEPAC)
ISEPAC aims to make the transition home smoother for you and to reduce the risk of you having to return to the hospital.
Some of the services that post acute care provides include:
- Help with cleaning your house
- Support with showering and dressing
- Someone to take you shopping or to do your shopping for you
For all referrals please call (03) 9066 1400.
You can fax us a referral at 8520 5255.
What can I expect from this service?
The Hospital staff will discuss your support needs with you before you go home and if appropriate they will complete a referral to ISEPAC.
A ISEPAC team member will then contact you to discuss your goals and what support you would like. Once you have agreed on a plan the ISEPAC staff member will set up the services.
When the services are organised and in place the ISEPAC team will make regular calls to you to check on your progress and make sure the services are going well. Inner South East Post Acute Care will also work with other community agencies to make sure you have longer term support if needed.
What does Star Health do that’s different?
Star Health ISEPAC is committed to:
- Providing a quick response that is focussed on your goals and your support needs at home
- Organising support workers that you are comfortable with and who meet your needs
- Getting your views about how the services and support are going
- Making sure that you have other support arranged for the longer term as needed
How do I access Inner South East Post Acute Care?
To be eligible for ISEPAC you must:
- Have been discharged from a Public Hospital or Public Emergency Department in the last 28 days
- Be residing in the council areas of Port Phillip, Glen Eira, Stonnington or Bayside. We also cover some parts of South Bank and Melbourne City
- Have a new support need related to the hospital admission, e.g. after an operation
- Need support at home because you can’t get to a community centre
Please note: where another program was providing support before your hospital admission, it is expected that these services will start when you go home.
When is the service delivered?
The ISEPAC team is available by phone Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm.
Some services, such as nursing, are provided on weekends and evenings if required.
Where is the service delivered from?
The support services will be provided in your home at a time arranged with you.
How much will it cost?
There is no cost to you for this service