The Community Connections Team consists of trained and experienced outreach workers who work with people who are homeless.
About the Housing and Homeless Service
The Community Connections Team consists of trained and experienced outreach workers who work with people who are homeless by:
- Working with you in your own environment
- Helping you link to other support and services
- Helping you apply for or maintain housing
- Support you with health and family problems
Supported Residential Services
Our team provides support and services to people who live in pension-level Supported Residential Service facilities (SRS), including:
- Support, information, links and referrals to other services
- Recreation and activities including social outings and exercise groups
- Podiatry and physiotherapy services
- Management of government funds to help improve the physical facilities in each SRS
- SRS services are available for SRS residents
Older Person’s High Rise Support Program
Our team provides support to older residents to improve their health and retain independence, at the following public housing high rise estates:
- 49 Union St, Prahran (Loxton Lodge)
- 150 Inkerman St, St Kilda (Inkerman Heights Estate)
- 25 King St, Prahran
- 27 King St, Prahran
- 150 Victoria Ave, Albert Park (Layfield Court)
- improve access to support and services in the home and community.
- provide a sense of safety whilst maintaining independence at home
- bring the high-rise community together by hosting events and activities.
- Information, advice and support for physical and mental health concerns
- Referral to other services based on your needs
- Health Promotion and Health Education activities
- Advocacy – staff can assist and support tenants to speak to outside services about their needs
- Limited financial assistance available if experiencing financial stress
- Assistance with transport to attend health appointments and social activities
Case managers and support workers (multidisciplinary) are at each site on varying days between Monday and Friday
As Star Health is a leading provider of a full range of health and wellbeing services, we ensure a coordinated and multidisciplinary approach to best meet your needs.
How do I access Housing & Homeless Services?
- Homeless Outreach Services are available for anyone experiencing homelessness in the community
When is the service delivered?
These services are available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Where is the service delivered from?
- Homeless Outreach Services are delivered in the community
- Supported Residential Services/SRS delivered on site at the SRS
- The Older Person’s High Rise team are available on site at the High Rise estates.
How much will it cost?
These services are free of charge.
Request an Appointment
Call 9525 1300 to request an appointment.