My Aged Care
Star Health is a registered provider with My Aged Care. My Aged Care aims to make it easier for older people, their families, and carers to access information on ageing and aged care, have their needs assessed and be supported to find and access services.
About My Aged Care
People in the following groups will need to access Star Health services via My Aged Care:
- People aged 65 years and over;
- People who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are aged 50 years and over;
- People who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and are aged 50 and over.
Star Health offer the following services under My Aged Care:
- Allied Health – dietetics, podiatry, physiotherapy, occupational therapy
- Nursing – support to manage your health
- Exercise Groups (Social Support Groups)
- Specialised Support services if you are 50 and over and homeless or at risk of homelessness or Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
And you can still access our other services including:
- General Practice
- Alcohol and Other Drug
As Star Health provides a wide range of health services, we can link you with the service(s) that are most suitable for your needs.
Star Health is a leading provider of a full range of health and wellbeing services and we ensure a coordinated and multidisciplinary approach to best meet your needs.
All our staff and highly experienced and qualified health professionals.
How do I access My Aged Care Services at Star Health?
Call the My Aged Care Contact Centre on 1800 200 422. The Contact Centre will take you through a screening process and then indicate the services you need. Make sure you tell the My Aged Care Contact Centre that you would like to receive your services at Star Health.
The Contact Centre will send your information to us and we will call you to make an appointment.
If you would like to learn more about the My Aged Care system, please visit the website HERE.
When are the services delivered?
- This will be dependent on the type of service you are receiving, but will general be available from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How much will My Aged Care cost?
- The cost will be dependent on your My Aged Care package and the service that will be provided.
- The Service Access Team will confirm the fee when they advise you of your first service appointment.
Please call our Service Access Team on 9525 1300 if you have any difficulties.