As one of the largest providers of community Mental Health services in the Bayside area, the Mental Health Program provides consumer focussed support integrated within the community through the provision of tailored individual and group program services.
About The Mental Health Program
Star Health provides a range of flexible individual support packages and rehabilitation options including a specialised mental health employment program, creative and recreational group activities, and community integration for people living with mental illness and psychosocial disability. The service uses a recovery-oriented model of service and consumer participation is an active part of all program activities.
What can we offer you:
- Individualised and tailored support
- Wellbeing and recovery planning
- Comprehensive health needs assessment which will assist in understanding how to best meet your needs
- A diverse group program which offers personal growth and social connection
- Access to a multidisciplinary team and an extensive range of allied health services
- Support with referrals and linkages to other services
- An assigned “Recovery Practitioner” to work with you from assessment through to planning and recovery
- Professional and qualified mental health team consisting of social workers, occupational therapists, psychologist and psychiatric nurses
- Additional support to better manage those times when you’re not feeling well
- Shared care planning in consultation with you to maximise the support you have with family and other service providers
- Advocacy and support to navigate the service system
- Specialised employment, training and volunteering support
How do I access the Mental Health Program?
The Star Health Mental Program provides services to those individuals aged 16 years of age and above who have a disability or substantially reduced psychosocial functioning as a result of a psychiatric condition.
The Star Health Mental Program provides services during business hours Monday to Friday, mostly in people’s homes and communities in the Bayside area.
How much will it cost?
The Mental Health Program provides a free service.
Please contact Star Health’s Mental Intake and Triage Practitioner on (03) 9066 1425 for further information and support to access this service. We will support you to get to the right service for your needs.
(03) 9066 1425