About Dental Services In the dental clinic we provide a range of general dental services including: Check- ups, x-rays and teeth cleaning Fillings, extractions and root canal treatment Denture fitting and repairs Advice to support your oral health Speak to your oral health professional about your individual needs. How do I access Dental Services? Public...
Star Health Dental
The Star Health dental service operates from our South Melbourne and Prahran centres. Our friendly and experienced team of dentists, oral health therapists and prosthetists provide general dental care for the whole family.
Call 9525 1300 for appointments.
About Dental Services
In the dental clinic we provide a range of general dental services including:
- Check- ups, x-rays and teeth cleaning
- Fillings, extractions and root canal treatment
- Denture fitting and repairs
- Advice to support your oral health
Speak to your oral health professional about your individual needs.
How do I access Dental Services?
Public dental services can be accessed by holders of a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card and their dependents, all children aged 0-12, and eligible youths aged 13-17.
The following priority clients can access Dental services for free:
- Children and young people aged 0-17 years who are Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card holders or dependents of concession card holders*
- Eligible children aged 2-17 years can access funding through the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Homeless people and people at risk of homelessness
- Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- All children and young people up to 18 years of age, who are in out-of-home care provided by the Children Youth and Families Division of the Department of Human Services
- All youth justice clients up to 18 years of age in custodial care
- Registered clients of mental health and disability services, supported by a letter of recommendation from their case manager or staff of special developmental schools
* Children (0-12) to which none of the above apply will be charged $35 per course of care
* Youth (13-17) to which none of the above apply and non-card holders can access our low-cost private dental services
How much will it cost?
Children 0-12 (Non card holders)
General Care- $35.00 per child per course of care
Emergency Care- FREE
Adults (Health Care Card/ Pensioner Concession Card Holders)
General Care- $30.00 per visit up to $120.00 per course of care
Emergency Care- $30.00 per course of care
Denture Care- $70.50 per denture, capped at $141 for a full upper and lower denture.
Youths (12-17) and Adults (Non Card Holders)- affordable low fees (prices are indicative and may vary according to your treatment):
- Oral Examination $49.75
- X-ray $34.95
- Scale and clean $84.75
- Removal of plaque $50.85
Please bring your Medicare and Concession Card with you to all appointments.
Other fees may apply for referred specialist services. These will be discussed with you at the time of referral.
Call us on 9525 1300 to make an appointment, or request an appointment online hereMake an inquiry