At Star Health, we have a youth-focused worker with a nursing background that is funded through the Dept. of Health & Human Services - Innovative Health Services for Homeless Youth (IHSHY) program.
About Youth Services
The main objectives of the youth nurse are to provide:
- Clinical health assessment and care in the community e.g. home, schools, youth housing services
- Short to medium term case work and support
- Health promotion activities and education
- Assist access to primary and social health services through advocacy
- Secondary consults to external agencies
This Star Health youth-focused program is flexible and responsive to provide clients with a choice of clinic or outreach based appointments to help youths access the information, supports or services they need to help their health and wellbeing.
How do I access Youth Services?
This service is available for young people who are:
- Currently homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Marginalised with complex social and primary health needs
- Between the ages of 12 and 25 years
- Living, working or frequently visit the City of Port Phillip or City of Stonnington areas.
The youth nurse is currently available Monday to Thursday and can be contacted via the contact details listed below.
How much will it cost?
Services are currently free of charge.
Call 9525 1300 to get the direct number for the IHSHY Youth Nurse.