This position works closely with community Elders around their specific health needs but also has an important role in networking and referrals.
About The Indigenous Elders Service
This position works closely with community Elders around their specific health needs but also has an important role in networking and referrals and this includes:
- Cultural knowledge transference
- How Elders work with non Indigenous workers
- Social connections to reduce isolation
- Carer retreat/respite
- Age specific support e.g. wills, funeral
- Chronic disease support
- Care packages/plans
- Assist with Gateway to services
What can I expect from this service?
- We will provide services that are cultural sensitive to the Aboriginal community
- As Star Health provides a wide range of health services, we can link you with the service(s) that are most suitable for your needs
What does Star Health do that’s different?
- We have a dedicated Indigenous Access team of staff
- As Star Health is a leading provider of a full range of health and wellbeing services, we ensure a coordinated and multidisciplinary approach to best meet your needs
- All our staff are highly experienced and qualified professionals
How do I access Indigenous Elder Services?
These services are available to people who are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and are aged 50 years and over. It is available from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm. The service is delivered at the Star Health site in St Kilda and throughout the community.
How much will it cost?
These services are free of charge.
Call 9525 1300 and ask to speak to the Indigenous Access Coordinator.