Star Health provide a public dental service at our South Melbourne and Prahran centres. The team of dentists, therapists (people who treat common dental problems), prosthetists (people who make dentures) and dental assistants are able to assist you.
About Dental Services
Star Health provide a public dental service at our South Melbourne and Prahran centres. The team of dentists, therapists (people who treat common dental problems), prosthetists (people who make dentures) and dental assistants are able to assist you with:
- Check-ups, x-rays and teeth cleaning
- Fillings, extractions, root canal treatment
- Denture fitting
- Advice about good oral health for yourself and your family
You will work with our highly skilled and caring staff to develop a treatment plan and then you will receive treatment. Our team are passionate about the care and treatment we can provide you to get you smiling again.
We offer priority appointments for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- People who are experiencing homelessness
- People with an enduring mental health condition
- People who are HIV positive
- Pregnant women
- Refugees and asylum seekers (who are always given the earliest possible appointment)
We also have therapists who visit our Pre-schools locally and some Supported Residential (SRS) and Aged Care Facilities.
Sometimes it may be necessary to place you on a waiting list for our dental services. When we place you on the list, we will advise you of the current waiting times, but please feel free to contact us about your place on the list at any time.
Where more specialised services are required, we arrange for you to be seen by the particular specialist at the Royal Dental Hospital.
How do I access Dental Services?
Access to the dental services depends on your age and whether you hold any concessions.
- 0 – 12 years of age – full access
- 12-16 years of age – full access if you hold a Health Care Card or you are a dependant on someone who holds a Health Care or Pension Card
- Over 16 – access is for those who hold a Health Care or Pension Card
You will be offered the choice of visiting our South Melbourne of Prahran site for dental services. Appointments are available between 8:30am – 5:00pm (8pm on Wednesday evening in South Melbourne).
How much will it cost?
You can view the dental fees on our Fees page, but please note there is no charge for:
- Children up to 12 years of age
- Children 12-18 years or Pension Card holders
- Fees may be waived for people experiencing financial difficulties
Please call 9525 1300 to make an appointment or request an appointment online via our website.Request Appointment