Enhanced Non-Residential Withdrawal Service (ENRWS)
At Star Health we pride ourselves on providing the very best 5-star services to all our clients. We recognise that every individual is unique – and your needs will be different from the needs of your friends or neighbours.
The Enhanced Non-Residential Withdrawal Service (ENRWS) is a new State funded initiative in response to the impacts of COVID-19.
The ENRWS provides?
The team comprises of a Nurse Practitioner and Enhanced AOD Practitioner who can offer comprehensive assessment and treatment options below. The specialist service can complement other health care providers by working in partnership with General Practitioner’s, Allied Health providers, other Alcohol and Drug treatment providers and Mental Health services.
The ENRWS can:
Provide quality, evidence-based health care as part of a team care arrangement incorporating health care plans.
- Request relevant diagnostic tests.
- Prescribe medications relevant for drug and alcohol treatment.
- Physical and mental health screening and initiate direct referrals to specialists.
- Manage withdrawal episodes of care in the community.
- Provide intensive withdrawal or reduction support pre, during and post withdrawal
- Psychosocial & non-pharmacological supports (such as harm reduction interventions, motivational interviewing)
- Provide Counselling and Care and Recovery coordination pre, during and post withdrawal to address psychological, social and behavioural problems associated with substance dependence and withdrawal.
Who can access the ENRWS? Any person aged 16 + seeking reduction or withdrawal from substances and living in or with strong links to the Cities of Stonnington, Port Phillip, Glen Eira, Bayside and Kingston.
When is the service available? Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm.
How do I access the ENRWS? To discuss how to access the service feel free to contact either
Lee Kelleher Nurse Practitioner firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile 0437 144 004
Maycon Merlo – Enhanced AOD Practitioner email@example.com
Mobile 0423 201 267
Or the Central Intake team at BAODs Ph: 1800 229 263